Monday, April 10, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

So here we are, heading into the middle of April. A quarter of the year, already history. Finding that very hard to accept. But...here we are.

I started the year with a very annoying reading slump that I'm just now beginning to climb out of. Which means I'm waaayyy behind on the list of things I wanted to read this winter/spring. This week, I'm finishing up a book I started back in March:


The Blazing World, by Siri Hustvedt

I'm enjoying it, for the most part. But the fact that I could put it aside for so long probably means something. One of those books that's really longer than it needed to be? Hope to get a review up later in the week — assuming I can stick with it long enough to get it read.

Last week I read one of the books I've chosen for the Vintage Mystery Cover Scavenger Hunt:


Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie

Really enjoyed that one. Hard to believe I've never read it before, since it's one of Christie's best-known works. Review to come, later this week (I hope).

Next up, as soon as I finish the Hustvedt book: probably another I intended to read last month:


The Fifth Petal, by Brunonia Barry

That's one I received through Library Thing's Early Reviewer program and I'm really late in getting to it. Feeling very guilty, especially since Barry is one of my favorite authors.

So, that's my update. Now I'm off to see what everyone else is reading or getting ready to read. Happy Monday, everyone!




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.


4 comments:

  1. There's a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic comic about Fluttershy that has a very similar plot to The Blazing World.

    I'm posting while on my road trip, thanks to my trusty smart phone. It's Monday! What are your reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I have The Blazing World on my bookshelf and I've started reading it and put it down a few times. I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ENJOY the books.

    I like Agatha Christie.

    Have a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to read Agatha Christie. Enjoy your books, and I like to change up my genre when I get in a slump.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.