Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: While Beauty Slept


This week my teaser lines come from While Beauty Slept, by Elizabeth Blackwell.  I haven't started this one yet -- just opened it this morning to find something to tease with -- so I don't really know a lot about what's going on.  This snippet comes from the Prologue (page 3, or Loc.52 of the Kindle edition):
Even in that dimly lit space, the emeralds and rubies embedded in the dagger's handle sparkled. The sharp, cruel blade retained its silvery luster, and I felt a wave of revulsion as I remembered that same surface coated in blood.
Generally, I'm not a huge fan of the re-imagined fairy tale, but I've heard good things about this one.


http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/teaser-tuesdays-jan-7/

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

5 comments:

  1. Not a fairy tale, but magic: http://pdworkman.com/queste-teaser/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book featured on recent Teaser Tuesday posts, so a lot of people must be reading it. I hope you enjoy it!
    My Teaser is from SPARE CHANGE.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.