Sunday, December 30, 2012

Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 2013: Scattergories


Hosted by: Bev @ My Reader's Block
Dates: 1 January - 31 December, 2013
See the challenge announcement / sign-up page

The goal here is to read mystery/suspense novels published before 1960.  Bev has come up with a list of 30 categories, and participants will read a minimum of 8 books (or 4 books in the mini-challenge) which fall into 8 different categories.  Read all the guidelines and see the list of categories on the challenge announcement page, HERE.

I debated about this one for a while, since it's a little more structured than the challenges I usually attempt -- I really do better when I don't have too many rules to follow.  But after thinking it over a bit, I realized there was no way I could pass up this challenge.  I love vintage mysteries, and there are hundreds of them on my TBR list.  However, I'm going to hold off on choosing categories until I can do a survey of the vintage whodunits I've already got on my shelves -- might as well read the books I've already got. Right?  Except for that freebie "Get Out of Jail" category -- I'm pretty sure I'll be using that one.

During the year I'll be tracking my progress on my challenge blog HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you decided to join in. See you in 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.