Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013 European Reading Challenge


Hosted by: Rose City Reader
Dates: 1 January 2013 - 31 January 2014
See the challenge announcement / sign-up page HERE

Read books by European authors, or books set in European countries.  There are five levels of participation:
  • Five Star (Deluxe Entourage): Read at least five books by different European authors or five books set in different European countries. 
  • Four Star (Honeymooner): Read four qualifying books. 
  • Three Star (Business Traveler): Read three qualifying books. 
  • Two Star (Adventurer): Read two qualifying books. 
  • One Star (Pensione Weekender): Read just one qualifying book.
I'm gonna go all out here, and sign up at the Five Star "Deluxe Entourage" level.  I don't have a firm idea of what I'll read, but these are a few books I'm considering:
A Death in Vienna. Frank Tallis (Austria)
Ignorance. Milan Kundera (Czech Republic)
Istanbul Passage. Joseph Kanon (Turkey)
The Old Devils. Kingsley Amis (Wales)
Stone Virgin. Barry Unsworth (Italy)
Whatever I read, I'll be tracking my progress on my challenge blog (HERE).


2 comments:

  1. Joy -- Welcome to the 2013 ERC! You have a great list of books here. Unsworth and Amis are both favorites of mine. I particularly enjoyed The Old Devils. I also have a Kundera book planned for this challenge -- The Unbearable Lightness of Being, which I never read back when it was so popular.

    You have also inspired me to get come of my challenge posts up. I'm cutting back, but still want to do the Chunkster and the Vintage Mystery challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.