Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: The Bartender's Tale


This week my teaser lines come from The Bartender's Tale by Ivan Doig.  I received my copy through Library Thing's Early Reviewer program, a couple months back, but I'm just now getting around to it -- I really need to get my reading back on track.  At this rate, I'll never make my goal of fifty books for the year. Shameful.

But I digress. As usual.

Anyway, the book has been getting really great reviews and I'm enjoying it a lot so far.  This quote is from the early pages and gives a little taste of the lovely writing Doig is capable of:
People come and go in our lives; that's as old a story as there is. But some of them the heart cries out to keep forever, and that is a fresh saga every time. (p.86)



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like the start to a powerful story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL BLOG...NEW FOLLOWER.

    GREAT teaser...this sounds really good. THANKS.

    My teaser is from Play Him Again by Jeffrey Stone.

    Giveaway too for THE GIRL ON THE CLIFF.

    Have a great TEASER TUESDAY...mine is below.
    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/11/teaser-tuesday-11132012.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hooked! Gotta put this book on my to-get list.

    My teaser is from The Flight of Gemma Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that teaser. It's beautiful and sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful teaser--will have to check this one out. My teaser: The Hobbit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those 'keep forever' kind of friends are the best. Lovely teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this to review from LT as well and haven't gotten to it yet. thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late coming over here...I love the sound of this one. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.