Thursday, March 15, 2012

Theme Thursday: Food


Theme Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Reading Between the Pages. Each Thursday, a theme is posted for that week. Participants select a conversation, snippet, or sentence from whatever book they're reading and post it for everyone to read. It's a great way to discover new books and authors, so here goes.

This week's theme is Food, and my offering is from The Solitary House, by Lynn Shepherd. The excerpt is from page 15 of the advance reader's edition. (Please remember that this quote may be different in the published edition.) I'm not sure that this is the very first reference to food in the book (this month's themes are supposed to be "pick what you see first"), but it's the first one that jumped out at me.
There's a snort and Charles looks round to see Wheeler staring down into the gaping grave, a half-eaten apple in his hand.

2 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I found this a little amusing (even knowing I likely took it out of context) because being around graves makes me hungry, too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to check this book out -- it looks good -- great cover. Also, I really like your blog font.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.