Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: Seven-Day Magic

This week my teaser lines are the opening lines of a book I've been reading for the Once Upon a Time VI Challenge. Edward Eager's children's fantasy novel Seven-Day Magic was first published in 1962, and it's the story of five young friends who discover a very special book, one day at the public library:
"The best kind of book," said Barnaby, "is a magic book."
"Naturally," said John.
There was a silence, as they all thought about this and how true it was.
"The best kind of magic book," said Barnaby, leaning back against the edge of the long, low library table and surveying the crowded bookshelves..."is when it's about ordinary people like us, and then something happens and it's magic."
Of course, it could be said that all books are magic books; but Edward Eager's certainly have some of the most delightful magic to be found.


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like this might be a fun read. GONE by Michael Grant is one they would probably like which I took a teaser from this week.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/03/tuesday-teasers-home-front-and-gone.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like something I would have loved when I was younger!

    My teaser is from Soul Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Yes! I would have loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful, magical book to enchant young readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the second narrator took his time to ponder, and then brought out that great line!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I guess he wasn't the second narrator! lol

    Barnaby's second line.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great lines! (and I like the sound of that library. Crowded bookshelves are the best kind!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an enchanting read, for young and old alike! My post: Stitch Me Deadly by Amanda Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.