Now this is a challenge that seems like a natural for me. So how did I miss out on Seasons 1 through 3? The Series Challenge (Season 4) is being hosted again by Kathrin of Secret Dreamworld of a Bookaholic, and runs from December 1st, 2009 to November 30th, 2010. You can read all about it and sign up by visiting the challenge announcement page, but these are the basic guidelines:
- Pick a couple series you already started and now want to finish (meaning, you'll be all up to date with the series when it ends).
- Read at least 4 books, more are also okay, of course!
- Crossovers with other challenges are always okay.
- Post your reviews on your blog or in the comments section of the challenge page, no matter how long. If you post the review on your blog, post a link to the review in the comments section so everyone else can check out your review.
- Have fun!
- The Cliff Janeway series by John Dunning (2 books left to read)
- The Mrs. Malory series by Hazel Holt (6 books left to read)
- The Pendergast series by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child (7 books left to read)
I really don't have much hope of actually finishing all of these series in a year's time. (Well, maybe the Cliff Janeway books - only two of those left to go.) But that's OK - I'm signing up anyway. At least the challenge will focus my attention on some of the series books I love, and who knows - I might end up doing better than I expect. And that's really what challenges are all about, isn't it?