Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays: French Flicks and Magic Castles



This week, I'm continuing with The Old Man and Me, by Elaine Dundy, set in early 1960s London. In this snippet, our heroine who is calling herself Honey Flood (not her real name) is at a film with a friend:
On the screen all hell was breaking loose: a Brigitte Bardot film, crackling with carnality. As I relaxed into its comforting amorality I felt my Honey clothes becoming unstuck and myself slipping into Bardot's panties. [p. 82]
OK, lest anyone should start suggesting that this blog ought to be X-rated, I offer another teaser from one of the books I'm reading for the Once Upon A Time III Challenge, Knight's Castle by Edward Eager (sorry about the extra line):
Eliza opened her eyes and staggered to the door after Ann. And then she wasn't sleepy anymore.
Where the hall should have been there wasn't any hall, just great airy space, and far above them a round shining globe that might have been the hall light back in unmagic times.
[p. 69]


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or participate yourself, head on over to her blog. And these are the rules: Grab your current read; Let the book fall open to a random page. Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12. You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given! Please avoid spoilers!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both characters are fantasizing, in different ways. Good teasers!
    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book Bird Dog made me take a second look - I didn't catch that the first time!

    Mine is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both good teasers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are great teasers Joy...that first one sure made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great teasers! I have the Elaine Dundy somewhere in my TBR so I'll be curious to know what you make of it

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.