Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What an Animal! Reading Challenge


I really shouldn't do this. I promised myself I'd cut back a bit on challenge sign-ups. But I did finished the Once Upon a Time II Challenge last month, so that's one out of the way. And this new one I've found is so inviting, I just can't pass it up (and who could resist that button?).

Kristi at Passion for the Page is hosting the What an Animal! Reading Challenge, running from July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009. In that time period, challenge participants are to read at least six books that fulfill any of these requirements:

an animal in the title of the book; an animal on the cover of the book; an animal that plays a major role in the book; a main character that is or turns into an animal (define that however you like).

Well, since I've already set myself a personal challenge to finish all of Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series, this challenge seems like a natural. If you've read any of the books, you know that Mrs. Murphy is a cat who helps her owner solve mysteries – or vice versa, in Mrs. Murphy's opinion.

This one is going to be too easy! So even though I'm a little late getting started, I'm signing up.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the challenge, Joy! I love Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series. I haven't read all of them, but the ones I've read I really enjoyed. Have a good time with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the Mrs. Murphy series as well!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.