Monday, April 03, 2017

Musing Monday 4/03/2017


The Musing Monday meme, hosted at The Purple Booker, asks us to choose one of the following bookish prompts to muse about:
▸ I’m currently reading…
▸ Up next I think I’ll read…
▸ I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
▸ I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
▸ I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
▸ I can’t wait to get a copy of…
▸ I wish I could read ___, but…
▸ I blogged about ____ this past week…
There's also usually an extra, random, question to answer. This week's:
Are there any songs that make you think of certain books or scenes from books? If so, which songs/books?
So — the buying of books....

Well, I bought four books last week, all of them e-books, and all from Amazon. I really would prefer to buy more of my books from local independents, but there just aren't any of those around here. The only book store very near us is a Half-Price Books, and it's about a 45-minute drive away. Also, I've come to realize that I do read faster when I'm reading digital. So when I get a sudden book-buying notion, Amazon is pretty much my best choice.

Anyhoo, these are the books I bought:
The Cat Who Played Post Office, by Lilian Jackson Braun
A Going Concern, by Catherine Aird
Murder on the Orient Express, by Agatha Christie
The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman
Now if I could just settle down and actually read something....

And for this week's random question — I can't really think of any books I associate with any specific songs or musical works. I'd be much more likely to connect music with movies or plays or TV shows. But then, I'm not very musical.

OK, that's enough musing for now. Happy Monday, everyone! And please feel free to leave me a link to your own Monday musings. I love to see what all the other bookworms are chomping on!



3 comments:

  1. I love my local indie - too bad you don't have one nearby. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a new indi b/store rather close by and I love it but we don't get there often. Half Price Books across the street gets more of our business. I absolutely love physical books but I find that I read faster on a device as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sympathise with the issue of indies, the only one around me now is soooo expensive

    here's my musing: http://twobirds1blog.blogspot.ca/2017/04/musing-mondays-next-on-reading-docket.html

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.