Thursday, December 15, 2016

More Challenge Sign-Ups

Since we're getting so close to the end of the year, I thought I'd go ahead and make it official with a few of the challenges I've been considering. All of these fit right in with my reading plans for next year, so I don't think they'll be too hard to keep up with. During the year, I'll be tracking my progress and keeping all my book lists over on my challenge blog (HERE).


ebook Reading Challenge 2017
Hosted by: Book Dragon's Lair


Books for this challenge must be electronic (naturally), and must have an ISBN or equivalent. As the announcement page says: "If you can buy it or borrow it, it counts."

There are several levels for this challenge, and I'm going with "Byte" (10 books) even though I'm pretty sure I'll read more than that. (I love ebooks!)

You can view my progress HERE.


The 2017 New To Me Challenge
Hosted by: herding cats & burning soup


What counts for the challenge: Anything that's "new" to you; for example...
  • first time reading an author 
  • first book in a series 
  • first book you've read from a series (doesn't have to be book one) 
  • first time trying a genre/subgenre 
  • a debut book from an author (even if you've read them before)
Books need to be over 80 pages to count, and there's a minimum of 12 books for the challenge (but you can choose any amount over that). I'm going with "first time reading an author" and my goal is to read at least 20 new-to-me authors during the year. (View my progress HERE.)


What's In a Name 2017
Hosted by: Charlie @ The Worm Hole


I didn't do very well with the 2016 edition of this challenge, so I'm signing up for 2017 and hoping to redeem myself. Besides, it's always so much fun trying to come up with book titles to fit the categories! There are six of those categories, and I don't really have any books set to read yet, so I'll just be picking them as I go. (View my progress HERE.)


2 comments:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.