Monday, December 19, 2016

2017 Monthly Keyword Reading Challenge


Hosted by: Claudia @ My Soul Called Life
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2017


This challenge presents six keywords associated with each month in 2017. Participants read one book each month whose title includes one or more of the keywords for that month.

Monthly Keywords:

  • JAN -- Court, Fall, Of, Way, Deep, Thousand
  • FEB -- And, Rose, Promise, Every, Deception, Blazing
  • MAR -- Shall, Go, By, Silence, Her, Saga
  • APR -- From, Trigger, Tale, His, Crown, Mist
  • MAY -- Four, Wind, All, Fury, Days, Shade
  • JUN -- Without, Know, Good, Watch, One, Have
  • JUL -- Before, Final, All, Freedom, Life, Dream
  • AUG -- Sun, Infinite, Big, My, Wherever, Most
  • SEP -- Sand, From, Between, Ever, Reasons, Clash
  • OCT -- Darker, You, Ashes, Out, House, Sea
  • NOV -- Place, War, Heart, Why, Give, Meet
  • DEC -- Forget, Twilight, Only, Crystal, On, Will

At first I didn't really intend to join in on the Monthly Keyword Challenge -- I was just going to play around with it a little. But I've been having so much fun matching up books with keywords, I decided I might as well go ahead and sign up. The concept is intriguing, and I think it could help me knock a few books off my embarrassingly huge TBR pile.

Also, I was especially happy to read this little note: "This challenge is simply for the pure satisfaction of reading so please don’t worry if you have to skip a month or if you have to read your books out of order!"

During the year, I'll be tracking my progress over on my challenge blog (HERE).

Some possible choices (definitely subject to change):

JANUARY
-- The Fall Guy. James Lasdun
-- Things Fall Apart. Chinua Achebe

FEBRUARY
-- Fathers and Sons. Ivan Turgenev
-- Hide and Seek (Inspector Rebus #2). Ian Rankin
-- Mrs. Malory and a Death In the Family (Sheila Malory #17). Hazel Holt
-- Rose Cottage. Mary Stewart

MARCH
-- The Go-Between. L.P. Hartley
-- Hitty, Her First Hundred Years. Rachel Carson
-- North By Northwest. Ernest Lehman

APRIL
-- Dancer From the Dance. Andrew Holleran 
-- Far From the Madding Crowd. Thomas Hardy
-- Flowers For His Funeral (Mitchell & Markby #7). Ann Granger
-- Speaking from Among the Bones (Flavia de Luce #5). Alan Bradley

MAY
-- Six Days of the Condor. James Grady
-- The Wind in the Willows. Kenneth Grahame
-- All Passion Spent. Vita Sackville-West

JUNE
-- Good Morning, Midnight. Jean Rhys
-- A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia De Luce #3). Alan Bradley

JULY
-- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? Philip K. Dick
-- Dream When You're Feeling Blue. Elizabeth Berg
-- Final Curtain (Roderick Alleyn #14). Ngaio Marsh

AUGUST
-- Farewell, My Lovely. Raymond Chandler 
-- Gently In the Sun (Inspector George Gently #6). Alan Hunter 
-- Travels With My Aunt. Graham Greene

SEPTEMBER
-- Between the Acts. Virginia Woolf
-- If Morning Ever Comes. Anne Tyler
-- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? Henry Farrell

OCTOBER
-- The Empty House and Other Ghost Stories. Algernon Blackwood
-- Wide Sargasso Sea. Jean Rhys

NOVEMBER
-- The Death of the Heart. Elizabeth Bowen
-- The Heart of the Matter. Graham Greene
-- The Summer Before the War. Helen Simonson

DECEMBER
-- The Crystal Cave. Mary Stewart
-- The Forgetting Room: A Fiction. Nick Bantock
-- Murder on the Orient Express. Agatha Christie


(Notice that there are two keywords repeated: ALL in May and July, and FROM in April and September. I believe those are the only repeats.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.