Tuesday, January 05, 2016

2016 Women Challenge


Hosted by: Peek a Book!
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2016

This challenge encourages us to read more books, of any kind, written by women authors. Since that's one of my reading goals for 2016, this seems like the perfect challenge. There aren't many rules: anyone can join, and you don't need a blog to participate; all formats are allowed, and re-reads are OK, too.

There are four levels to choose from:
  • Level 1: BABY GIRL - read 5 books written by a woman author
  • Level 2: GIRLS POWER - read 6 to 15 books written by a woman author
  • Level 3: SUPER GIRL - read 16 to 20 books written by a woman author
  • Level 4: WONDER WOMAN - read 20+ books written by a woman author

I'm going for Level 3 ( Super Girl ), and I'll be tracking my progress over on my challenge blog (HERE), and on this post, if I can remember:

MY READING LIST (books I read for the challenge, with links to reviews):
1. Lilies That Fester (Sheila Malory Mysteries #11). Hazel Holt
2. The Last September. Nina de Gramont
3. The People in the Photo. Hélène Gestern
4. Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell #13). Laurie R. King
5. My Name Is Lucy Barton. Elizabeth Strout
6. A Christmas Escape. Anne Perry
7. Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures. Kate DiCamillo; illus. by K.G. Campbell
8. Miller's Valley. Anna Quindlen
9. A Fine Imitation. Amber Brock
10. This Too Shall Pass. Milena Busquets
11. Lovely In Her Bones. Sharyn McCrumb
12. Inkheart. Cornelia Funke; trans. by Anthea Bell
13. Vinegar Girl. Anne Tyler
14. The Book That Matters Most. Ann Hood
15. The Girls. Emma Cline
16. The Clocks (Hercule Poirot #34). Agatha Christie
17. Curtain: Poirot's Last Case (Hercule Poirot #39). Agatha Christie
18.
19.
20. 


1 comment:

  1. I would like to thank you so much for your participation!
    If you are interested in, you could have a look to the 2017 edition! :)

    http://www.peekabook.it/2017/01/2017-women-challenge.html

    Bye and enjoy your books!


    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.