Sunday, December 02, 2012

Capsule Review: Tyrannosaur Canyon

Written by Douglas Preston
Forge Books, 2005; 398 pages

Another ripping yarn by the master.  This thriller from the incredibly prolific Douglas Preston starts with the Apollo 17 mission to the moon, and leaps from there to the American desert Southwest and the death of a prospector who has just made a major, and possibly earth-shaking discovery. Another traveler passing by stops to help the dying man and is caught up in the frenzy spurred by the mysterious discovery. Soon Tom Broadbent (the passerby) and his wife are running for their lives and trying to figure out what's going on and who they can trust.

Just a typical day in the life of a character in a Douglas Preston novel, of course.  I love his stuff -- so nice just to abandon all concept of reality and immerse myself in the action. This one has a little bit of everything -- as the publisher's blurb says:
A moon rock missing for thirty years... 
Five buckets of blood-soaked sand found in a New Mexico canyon... 
A scientist with ambition enough to kill... 
A monk who will redeem the world... 
A dark agency with a deadly mission...
The greatest scientific discovery of all time... 
Now how could I not love that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.