Friday, October 06, 2017

FrightFall Readathon 2017


This will be my first go-round with the FrightFall Readathon. Autumn is the perfect time of year to be reading spooky stuff and mysterious matter. And this readathon allows you to read other genres as well, doesn't require a huge number of books (just ONE, really), and even has prizes! How could I pass this one up?

FrightFall (#FrightFall for social media) runs through the month of October, and has a dedicated blog (Seasons of Reading) where you can read all the guidelines and sign up.

I don't have a set goal for the event, but I'm hoping to read at least one horror novel this month — possibly...


or...



as well as a couple of mysteries/thrillers. This is one I'm finishing up right now...



And I'll be posting a wrap-up around Halloween to report on what I read.

So that's the plan. Now I just need to get reading.


7 comments:

  1. Have fun! I'm unwittingly doing this as well -- just read Dracula and a collection of ghost fiction, plan on doing Frankenstein in a week or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephen! I'm sort of thinking of reading Frankenstein this year, too. It's been at least thirty years since my last re-read. Don't think I could get through Dracula again, but I just watched the Frank Langella/Laurence Olivier film for about the twentieth time.

      Enjoy the readathon!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! Seems like it should be an easy one to enjoy.

      Delete
  3. I just started The Graveyard Apartment today (though I probably won't get much read until Sunday). It was an impulse check-out from the library. Happy Frightful Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too - just started it yesterday. And it's already creeping me out. So far, I love it! Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you enjoy the book.

      Delete
  4. I have read 169 pages so far...a small portion of it horror(short stories of Stephen King). Since I had already started the Stephen King book prior to October, I feel obligated to also find another scary read. I don't have much scary...so, either searching through my TBR piles or NetGalley.
    Enjoy the readathon. :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.