Monday, May 02, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

So now it's May. Already. And unfortunately, my reading slump continues. In April, I only finished two books:


Far From True, by Linwood Barclay

and


Miller's Valley, by Anna Quindlen

... both of which I enjoyed a lot, although they're very different sorts of books. Haven't posted any reviews yet, but I have every intention of doing that later this week. (If all goes well.)

This week I'm reading:


A Fine Imitation, by Amber Brock

It's a Library Thing Early Reviewer book, from several months ago -- so I really need to get it finished up and reviewed ASAP.

After that, I think I might try something a little lighter. Maybe this:


Picture Miss Seeton, by Heron Carvic

or this:


The Skeleton Garden, by Marty Wingate




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.


4 comments:

  1. Overcoming a reading slump can be quite a hard task - I find a lighter read, or a re-read, often does the trick. Enjoy your upcoming reads :-)

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books all look yummy! Perhaps they will pull you in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it's "Domesticated: Evolution in a Man-Made World" and "After the Prophet: the Epic Sunni-Shia Divide".

    ReplyDelete
  4. A reading slump is never fun, I feel for you. I haven't read a Linwood Barclay in a couple of years but I did really enjoy his early books, I need to get back to them again.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.