Monday, April 18, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Well, we're more than half-way through April, if you can believe that. I'm afraid this year is flashing by even faster than the last one flashed. Generally I get quite a lot of reading done during the late winter/early spring months, but for some reason this year I just haven't been able to get into my normal rhythm.

Since my last reading update back in January (so what happened to February and March?), I've only finished eight books, and two of those were children's books. The list:
At the moment, I'm finishing up Linwood Barclay's new thriller, Far From True (just published, back in March), the second book in his Promise Falls series:


And I'm still making my way through Inkheart (by Cornelia Funke), for the Once Upon a Time challenge, but hope to finish it this week.


After that, I have several possibilities -- most likely it will be one of the ARCs I really should have finished by now. Probably either The Last Painting of Sara de Vos, by Dominic Smith:



or Burying the Honeysuckle Girls, by Emily Carpenter -- a book I admit I picked up mainly because of the cover:


So. Lots of reading to do. Gotta get back on track.



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.


4 comments:

  1. I started The Lost Painting and so far it's pretty good. Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have My Name Is Lucy Barton, and hope to read it sooner rather than later.

    I can't believe it's almost May, either! Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I hope you are liking Inkheart. I have that on my TBR and whenever I help in the library on Wednesdays, I always pass by it. The last book sounds good and mysterious. Goodreads is having a giveaway for that; entered that.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.