Monday, September 14, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by the amazing Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

Wow, here we are in the middle of September. (Can you believe it?) And since it's been quite a while since I did a reading update, I thought maybe this would be a good time to do some looking back/looking forward bookkeeping.

So far this year I've read 40 books (that includes some children's books that I'm combining to count as one book). Which means I'm on a pretty good track to reach my usual 50-book-per-year goal. Of course, it's the goal that's "usual," not the actual count; I rarely make it to 50, but this year is looking better than most. Unfortunately, I'm not doing quite that well when it comes to reviews, but I'll be trying to do something about that in the next few weeks. (You know how it is -- I've got the reviews started, now I need to go ahead and finish them. Simple, right?)

Here's what I've read since my last update at the end of May:
  1. Vertigo. Pierre Boileau and Thomas Narcejac (1954; fiction; 192 pages)
  2. Pines (Wayward Pines Series, #1). Blake Crouch (2012; fiction; 315 pages)
  3. The Tale of Despereaux. Kate DiCamillo; illus. by Timothy Basil Ering (2003; fiction; 273 pages)
  4. A Head Full of Ghosts. Paul Tremblay (2015; fiction; 304 pages)
  5. The Truth and Other Lies. Sascha Arango (2014; fiction; 256 pages)
  6. Tail Gait (Mrs. Murphy #23). Rita Mae Brown (2015; fiction; 336 pages)
  7. The Angel Court Affair (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt #30). Anne Perry (2014; fiction; 288 pages)
  8. The Forgotten Room (Jeremy Logan #4). Lincoln Child (2015; fiction; 304 pages)
  9. In the Dark Places (Inspector Banks #22). Peter Robinson (2015; fiction; 368 pages)
  10. Goodbye Stranger. Rebecca Stead (2015; fiction; 304 pages)
  11. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 (Ramona Quimby #6). Beverly Cleary (1981; fiction; 179 pages)
  12. Newport. Jill Morrow (2015; fiction; 356 pages)
  13. A Man of Some Repute. Elizabeth Edmondson (2015; fiction; 306 pages)
Plus five children's picture books (counting as one book):
  • Anatole. Eve Titus; illus. by Paul Galdone (1956; 40 pages)
  • Corduroy. Don Freeman (1948; 32 pages)
  • Harry and the Lady Next Door. Gene Zion; illus. by Margaret Bloy Graham (1960; 64 pages)
  • Harry the Dirty Dog. Gene Zion; illus. by Margaret Bloy Graham (1956; 32 pages)
  • One Morning in Maine. Robert McCloskey (1952; 62 pages)

Aside from brief notes over at Library Thing, I haven't reviewed any of these. Yet.

This week, I'll be starting a couple of new reads:



So, yeah -- playing catch-up is a good description of my reading schedule right now. But now that summer's coming to its official close, I'm hoping I'll be able to get lots more reading done.

OK, that's it for now. Happy reading, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The reviewing part is a whole lot harder than the reading part, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did you think of The Truth And Other Lies?! I loved that one!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.