|"CMS Reading by Gaslight" 1884, William Stott (1857-1900)|
I did quite a bit of reading last week -- managed to finish two books I've had going for a couple of weeks now, and a few that have been on my TBR list longer than that. Even though several of them were really short, I still feel that I accomplished quite a lot. It's unlikely that I'll be able to keep up that pace, but at least I've made a good beginning for the year.
Finished last week
- Andrew's Brain, by E.L. Doctorow
- The Book Boy, by Joanna Trollope
- Fog Magic, by Julia L. Sauer
- The Only Problem, by Muriel Spark
- The Universe Versus Alex Woods, by Gavin Extence
Reading this week
- Ten Lords A-Leaping, by C.C. Benison
Waiting in the wings
- The Asylum, by John Harwood. I've had this one for many months now - finally getting around to starting it.
- Gone-Away Lake. Elizabeth Enright. Another book I'm reading for the Newbery Reading Challenge.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.
All new-to-me, and all look quite inviting. (Except Gone-Away Lake...I think I first read that when I was a child...)ReplyDelete
Here's my It's Monday!
I havent heard of these... Happy reading!ReplyDelete
This is what we are reading this week.
Leydy @OUaT & RCE
I bought Fog Magic for my nook but haven't gotten around to starting it what with all the sneezing and coughing going on.ReplyDelete
I keep meaning to take my copy of The Universe Versus Alex Woods from the TBR pile. I'm curious about The Asylum. Happy reading!ReplyDelete
Catherine @ Book Club Librarian
My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/sundays-weekly-book-recap-51.html
Nice variety. I read Gone-Away Lake too. I am a fan of Enright's (now) old-fashioned stories. Come see my Monday Report if you get a chance. Happy reading!ReplyDelete