Thursday, September 15, 2011

Theme Thursday: Feelings


Theme Thursday is a weekly event hosted by Reading Between the Pages. Each Thursday, a theme is posted for that week. Participants select a conversation, snippet, or sentence from whatever book they're reading and post it for everyone to read. It's a great way to discover new books and authors, so here goes.

This week's theme is FEELINGS, and my snippet is from the book I just started reading, Antonia Fraser's Quiet as a Nun; these are the opening lines of the book:
Sometimes when I feel low, I study the Evening Standard as though for an examination. It was in that way I found the small item on the Home News page: NUN FOUND DEAD.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound interesting. I've just read a short ghost story of Antonia Fraser's - hadn't realised she wrote other things beside her historical books.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.