Thursday, August 11, 2011

Booking Through Thursday: National Book Week

This week's BTT topic is National Book Week. And the prompt is: "Grab the closest book to you. Go to page 56. Copy the 5th sentence as your status. (We’ve done something similar to this before, but it’s always fun, so … why not?)"

Why not, indeed. Actually, I've recently posted one of these page-56 thingies on Facebook, which is I suppose where this probably got started (hence the reference to "your status").

The Facebook rules said not to mention the book's title, but since there's no rule about that here, I can say that this 56/5 quote is from the book I've been reading tonight: Martin Meredith's Born in Africa: The Quest for the Origins of Human Life:
In 1951, the Leakeys took Charles Boise to Olduvai.
And the rest, as they say, is history. Or maybe that should be pre-history?

9 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before. Interesting sentence. Feel free to check out my BTT here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really interesting. I have not heard of it before!

    Here is my BTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I've never heard of this book before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting book.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/booking-through-thursday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of this one, hope it's good!

    Aine
    House Millar - BTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/08/booking-through-thursday_11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good sentence!

    I tried to play that game, but every sentence I came across was too lame to even post. Like, "The car stopped."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good sentence. My problem is I'm currently reading an ebook and have no idea where page 56 would be. And I'm listening to another book on audio, but that doesn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I added my titel, too. Couldn't help it. It made more sense that way.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.