Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Reading Update

"CMS Reading by Gaslight" 1884, William Stott (1857-1900)

I did quite a bit of reading last week -- managed to finish two books I've had going for a couple of weeks now, and a few that have been on my TBR list longer than that.  Even though several of them were really short, I still feel that I accomplished quite a lot.  It's unlikely that I'll be able to keep up that pace, but at least I've made a good beginning for the year.

Finished last week

Reading this week

Waiting in the wings




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

5 comments:

  1. All new-to-me, and all look quite inviting. (Except Gone-Away Lake...I think I first read that when I was a child...)

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent heard of these... Happy reading!

    This is what we are reading this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought Fog Magic for my nook but haven't gotten around to starting it what with all the sneezing and coughing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to take my copy of The Universe Versus Alex Woods from the TBR pile. I'm curious about The Asylum. Happy reading!

    Catherine @ Book Club Librarian
    My post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/01/sundays-weekly-book-recap-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice variety. I read Gone-Away Lake too. I am a fan of Enright's (now) old-fashioned stories. Come see my Monday Report if you get a chance. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.