Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays: The Horned Man

This week my teaser lines come from James Lasdun's novel, The Horned Man, although the words belong to another author. I've just started reading the book, and as I flipped through the first few pages, I found this quote that I love; so even though it's actually Lasdun quoting someone else, I just had to use it:

I want to do something splendid.
Something heroic or wonderful, that won't be forgotten after I'm dead.
I think I shall write books.
-- Louisa May Alcott
(p. 10)

And, reader, she did! And I'm so glad!

So far, I'm pretty happy about Lasdun's work, too.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

11 comments:

  1. I've seen this book before and thought the cover was interesting. Loving this LM Alcott quote!

    Here's mine: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-faery-tales-nightmares.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisa May Alcott has always been one of my favorite authors. In fact, two of my characters in the book I've excerpted today enjoy reading Little Women during their preteen years.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quote, look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read an Alcott book!! How did that happen?
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how she wanted to be remembered. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting gargoyle on the cover of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a pretty cool quote to use in a book! And she has been remember for years to come! Great Teaser! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote! Alcott's Little women is one of my favorite books of all time. Great teaser!

    Here's mine:

    http://www.wickedlybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome quote, no matter who said it! My blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quote! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.