Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Thriller and Suspense Reading Challenge 2010

This is one I could not possibly resist. I had so much fun reading all the books for the 2008-2009 edition of the Thriller & Suspense Challenge, that I'm already looking forward to the Thriller & Suspense 2010 Challenge. It's being hosted this time by Book Chick City, and runs from 1 January to 31 December, 2010. Participants will read twelve books from a number of different sub-genres (see the list here), and the rules are very loose:

"You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront then you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go."

To read more about the challenge, or to sign up, just visit the challenge announcement page here.

I have a number of mysteries/thrillers/suspense novels I was hoping to read this year, but never got around to; so I'll start my list with those, and add to it later. So far, here's what I've got:
  1. The Atlantis Revelation. Thomas Greanias
  2. The Book of the Dead. Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child
  3. The Forgery of Venus. Michael Gruber
  4. Lethal Legacy. Linda Fairstein
  5. The Lost Symbol. Dan Brown
  6. Mr. Murder. Dean Koontz






As we go along, I'll be updating all the challenge info on my challenge blog (here); and I'll try to remember to update this post, too. Now I can start looking around for the rest of the books for my list. And I think I enjoy that almost as much as reading the books themselves (more, in some cases).

6 comments:

  1. I joined also Joy, look forward to discussing with you.

    Here are my contenders so far :-)

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2009/11/possible-contenders-for-thriller.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy, welcome to the Thriller & Suspense Challenge. I hope you have lots of fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't resist this one either. In fact, I've started early! Check out my latest post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, for all the encouragement (I'll need it)! Looking forward to seeing what everybody's thinking of reading for the challenge. This is one of my favorite genres and I'm always looking for new books and authors to try - any recommendations would be welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.