But I may take a little break from Rabbit and his tribulations this week, because we're headed for the Delaware coast in a couple of days. So I'll probably be looking for something a bit lighter for beach reading. I'm planning to take along at least two or three books – a main read, and a couple of back-ups. And I'm assuming I'll probably pick up a few books along the way; I usually do, although most of the area bookstores I always enjoyed browsing have closed in the last couple of years.
Haven't made my final pick yet, but this is my short list.
- Dance of Death, by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. I'm actually about halfway through this one, so I'm pretty sure I'll be taking it along.
- Victory Over Japan, by Ellen Gilchrist. This would be a good choice because it's a book of short stories and can be dipped into for short bursts between naps in the sun and dips in the surf. Besides, I'm reading it for a challenge that ends in a few weeks.
- The Inn at Lake Devine, by Elinor Lipman. I've had this book on my TBR list for years now – ever since I read Lipman's The Ladies' Man, which I loved.
- The Atlantis Revelation, by Thomas Greanias. I have an ARC of this and really should get it read as soon as I can. The only problem is that it's a hard cover, and I really prefer to take paperbacks to the beach.
- Fer-de-Lance, by Rex Stout. I started this one back at the beginning of the summer, but never managed to finish it. So it's a likely candidate.
- The Romance Readers' Book Club, by Julie L. Cannon. I really don't know much about this novel – just picked it up from one of the bargain bins at Border's a couple of months ago. Just sounds like it would be a great summer read.
It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye of J. Kaye's Book Blog. To find out what everyone is reading, or to participate yourself, head on over and leave a comment.