Monday, February 21, 2022

Reading Update - 21 February 2022


February is not my favorite month of the year. It's cold. It seems like the longest month of the year even though it's the shortest. And it's spelled funny. It's just usually a very frustrating time of year. But even with all that frustration, I generally get a lot of reading done in February. This year, for some reason .... not so much.

So far this month, I've read a bunch of children's books, but haven't finished any grown-up books. Second childhood? Perhaps. Anyway, here's what I've read this month....







But I do have a couple of adult books going, too. Right now, I'm about halfway through this one....

It's definitely a grown-up read. Now I just need to keep myself from sliding back into toddler mode so I can finish it! 


Happy reading, everyone — and have a great week!



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs. 


9 comments:

  1. That book The Hidden looks intense. Seems like you have quite the line-up of chidrens books there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the cold as well, unfortunately, it lasts for several months in norther Illinois...
    The Night Gardener looks so good, checking this one out now.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/02/20/sunday-post-54-2-20-2022/
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of The Hidden. The picture books look good, too. I am sure I've read Blueberries for Sal a few times! LOL

    Enjoy your week, and here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read most of the picture books you show. February is a great month for reading even if the weather is not so great. (It's snowing right now with a brisk wind blowing.) Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hidden looks intriguing. My Monday bookshelf is up!
    http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/02/book-date-monday-amreading-feb-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got THE NIGHT GARDENER for my daughter for Christmas, although she has yet to start it. And I have THE HIDDEN sitting in my TBR pile and hope to get to it soon! Have a great week! - Melinda @ A Web of Stories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kids books are fun! Thanks for sharing. https://cindysbookcorner.blogspot.com/2022/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading children’s books is a good thing. I am going to read a couple of those you have listed. I am reading one YA book called “Beyond the Call of Duty” about dogs as mascots in WW2. I have also started another cozy mystery series. Can’t remember the name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh - I remember some of those children's books, though not all. Thanks for the memories. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.