Wednesday, February 26, 2020

WWW Wednesdays: 26 February 2020


It's Wednesday and that means it's time for WWW Wednesdays! This meme was originally hosted by MizB over at A Daily Rhythm, and then revived by Sam Stevens of Taking on a World of Words. Just three questions, once a week:

1. What are you currently reading?

Almost done with The Illness Lesson, by Clare Beams....



Getting ready to start reading The Collected Works of Gretchen Oyster, by Cary Fagan. It was an Early Reviewer book from Library Thing, and I really should have gotten it read by now. Too many books calling my name.


Also still reading Jane Eyre, a bit at a time. It's probably going to be a year-long effort, but I'm sticking with it.

2. What did you recently finish reading?

In the last couple of weeks, I've finished:

An ARC of Anita Abriel's The Light After the War....


Evidence of Love, a true-crime tale by John Bloom and Jim Atkinson, downloaded (free!) from Amazon....


And a couple of classic children's books that have been on my TBR list for quite a while -- Ramona and Her Father, by Beverly Cleary (read for the Newbery Reading Challenge)....


and Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst....



3. What do you think you’ll read next?

Well, I have several ARCs lined up that I need to get to ASAP. These two are at the top of the pile....




3 comments:

  1. I recently acquired Big Summer as an ARC and love the look of The Jane Austen Society.

    Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day was a favorite with my kids...and my grandkids.

    Enjoy your books...and here's MY WWW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my resolutions for this year is to read about 10 classics and Jane Eyre is on that TBR. Also Ramona and Alexander are wonderful kid's books, I should try to read a few kids books this year as well :)
    Here is my WWW post > https://journeyinbookland.wordpress.com/2020/02/26/www-wednesday-february-26-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Judith Viorst wrote a children's book! I know her from her very funny books about aging (It's Hard to be Hip Over 30, Suddenly 60, etc). What a versatile lady!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.