Sunday, December 10, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Wow, almost Christmas. Almost 2018. What's going on here? It's been a really long time since I posted a reading update. Months. Actually, I haven't been doing much blogging at all, recently. Real life getting in the way of my bookish pursuits. Hate it when that happens!

Haven't posted much lately because of a few medical issues that have been taking up some time. Hope to have that all dealt with very soon. But at the moment, everything is calm enough for me to do a little catching up. And even though I haven't been blogging or doing any reviews, I have been doing some reading.

• In the past few weeks, I've finished several books:

Anything Is Possible. Elizabeth Strout (2017)

The Body in the Library (Miss Marple #3). Agatha Christie (1942)

The Girl with Kaleidoscope Eyes (Stewart Hoag #9). David Handler (2017)

The Graveyard Apartment. Mariko Koike,
trans. by Deborah Boliver Boehm (2016/1988)

Over My Dead Body (Nero Wolfe #7). Rex Stout (1940)

See What I Have Done. Sarah Schmidt (2017)


• This week, if all goes well, I hope to finish up a couple more I've got going right now:

A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5). Agatha Christie (1950)

Intruder in the Dark (Inspector Littlejohn #43). George Bellairs (1966)

That might be just about as much reading as I'll be able to get done this year, since the holidays are now upon us. But if I have any extra reading time, I'll probably be dipping into this:


So, how about you? More books this year? Or have you already started looking ahead to next year's reads?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.



6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of good books. I find life gets in the way of my blogging plenty, especially at this time of year. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books look very tempting! I've been eyeing Anything Is Possible and See What I Have Done. P. D. James is an author I've heard good things about...so thanks for sharing. Enjoy your week, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed. My reading really slows down this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice book choices. I remember reading all the Rex Stout Nero Wolfe books and enjoying them. I still have lots of Agatha Christie to discover and read though. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are all great titles by great authors. The David Handler titles caught my eye - as well as the Elizabeth Strout title - the only book I own by her is My Name Is Lucy Barton.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.