Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays: Pines


I started watching Wayward Pines on the Fox Network a few weeks ago, and I'm afraid I'm hooked. So I thought I'd check out the series of books the show is based on. Written by Blake Crouch, the first book is Pines (Thomas & Mercer, 2012), and this snippet comes from p.171 of the Kindle edition:
"Every telephone in every house in Wayward Pines is ringing right now. People are being told to find and kill you."
Real friendly place, that Wayward Pines. Yes, indeed.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by Jenn at A Daily Rhythm. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.


6 comments:

  1. I noticed the show while scrolling through my guide, and wondered about it. Sounds spooky...and yes, unfriendly.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Are the books as good as or better than the series? I haven't watched it yet. Thanks for coming by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard mention of the show on Twitter, but I had not known the show was based on books. This book sounds really interesting--scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's a great Teaser. I like the upside-down book cover too. Sounds like a good story.
    My Tuesday post features A Walk in the Woods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds intriguing. I saw the show on tv advertised, but the synopsis wasn't appealing at all.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.