Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: The Bookman's Tale

This week my teaser lines come from The Bookman's Tale, by Charlie Lovett. I started this one back around the beginning of the year, and then put it aside to finish up a few other books. I really intended to get back to it much sooner, but somehow it just kept getting pushed further and further back in the lineup. You know how that works, right? I'm really enjoying it, though, and hope to finish it up this week.

I'm reading this on the Kindle, so I'm not sure about page numbers, but this snippet is at Location 622, early in the book. Here we have the main character, future book dealer Peter Byerly on a first date with the young woman who will eventually become his wife:
"You know," said Peter, "I've discovered two things in the Ridgefield Library that fascinate me -- rare books and you."
"I'm glad I fascinate you, Peter Byerly," she said. "I don't even mind being second on your list."




Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

1 comment:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.