Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: A Fearful Madness


This week my teaser lines come from A Fearful Madness by Julius Falconer.  I'm just starting this one, and don't really know much about it.  These are the book's opening lines:
It has been said, by whom and when I have forgotten, that the four ingredients of a good story are religion, sex, aristocracy and mystery.  In line with this recipe, one practised hand penned the following line:
'My God,' said the duchess, 'I'm pregnant. I wonder whodunnit.'
Very droll.  It should be interesting to see where we go from there.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

4 comments:

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.