Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Fer-de-Lance


This week my teaser lines come from Fer-de-Lance, the first book in Rex Stout's series of Nero Wolfe mysteries.  In this snippet, narrated as usual by Wolfe's assistant Archie Goodwin, we get our very first glimpse of the great man himself.
Wolfe lifted his head. I mention that, because his head was so big that lifting it struck you as being quite a job.  It was probably really bigger than it looked, for the rest of him was so huge that any head on top of it but his own would have escaped your notice entirely. (p.2)
I've read a few other Nero Wolfe books in the past, but somehow managed to miss this first one.  And so far, I'm loving it.




Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

4 comments:

  1. I see a snake on the cover. It's already a win for me ;)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/04/teaser-tuesdays_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny teaser. I've been meaning to read the Nero Wolfe mysteries but haven't done it yet. Maybe your teaser will inspire me to do so.
    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never read this series of books, though I've certainly heard a great deal about them. My Teaser: Aunt Dimity: Detective

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.