Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Challenge Wrap-Up: 2016 Women Challenge


The 2016 Women Challenge (4th annual) was hosted by Peek a Book! and had just one main requirement: read more books, of any kind, written by women authors.

I signed up at the Super Girl level (Level 3: read 16-20 books), and didn't read quite as much as I'd hoped. But I did manage to read seventeen books by women writers, so I think it was pretty successful. Here's what I read:
1. Lilies That Fester (Sheila Malory Mysteries #11). Hazel Holt
2. The Last September. Nina de Gramont
3. The People in the Photo. Hélène Gestern
4. Dreaming Spies (Mary Russell #13). Laurie R. King
5. My Name Is Lucy Barton. Elizabeth Strout
6. A Christmas Escape. Anne Perry
7. Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures. Kate DiCamillo; illus. by K.G. Campbell
8. Miller's Valley. Anna Quindlen
9. A Fine Imitation. Amber Brock
10. This Too Shall Pass. Milena Busquets
11. Lovely In Her Bones. Sharyn McCrumb
12. Inkheart. Cornelia Funke; trans. by Anthea Bell
13. Vinegar Girl. Anne Tyler
14. The Book That Matters Most. Ann Hood
15. The Girls. Emma Cline
16. The Clocks (Hercule Poirot #34). Agatha Christie
17. Curtain: Poirot's Last Case (Hercule Poirot #39). Agatha Christie
Note: The 2017 Women's Challenge has been announced, and the sign-up page is HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.