Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wrapping Up the Chunkster


The 2013 Chunkster Challenge actually runs through December 31st, but I'm wrapping it up now - even though I've only read two of the four books I intended to read when I signed up at the "Chubby Chunkster" level.  Realistically, I don't think it's likely I'll have time to read any other BIG books before the end of the year, so I'm admitting partial defeat and bowing out now.

The two chunkies I finished were:


The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown
(509 pages in hardcover)

and


Night Film, by Marisha Pessl
(602 pages in hardcover)

I cheated just a smidge with that second one, as I started reading it on my Kindle.  But almost immediately I realized I needed to read a print version to see all the illustrations, which are a major part of the narrative.  So, I actually ended up reading nearly 600 pages of it in print.  (No, really - I did!)  Will get my review up in a day or so and add the link.

So, that's about it.  My thanks to Wendy and Vasilly for hosting - it was a fun challenge, even though I only made it halfway.  Maybe next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.