Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Grief Cottage


This week my teaser lines come from Gail Godwin's latest novel, Grief Cottage (Bloomsbury USA, June 2017). This quote comes from an advance copy of the novel, so please remember it might be slightly different in the published edition.

In this snippet, eleven-year-old Marcus is visiting the ruined cottage the locals call "Grief Cottage" for the first time; he's been napping, but slowly realizes he's actually awake now. And someone (or something) is watching over him.
I felt its presence by the electric prickles all down my back and by my serious reluctance to move a muscle. Then the reluctance turned to cold fear. There was no way in the world I could muster the courage to roll over and see what was in that doorway. (Kindle, Location 309)
I've never read anything by Gail Godwin before this, so I didn't really know what to expect. I haven't officially started this one yet (just took a quick look at the early pages), but so far I like what I've seen.





If you'd like to see more Teaser Tuesday offerings, or do some teasing yourself, just head on over to The Purple Booker and leave your link. And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.


4 comments:

  1. I usually enjoy Godwin's books, and this one is on my list. Ghostly aspects in books are not favorites of mine...but if they don't turn into horror, I'm okay.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds kind of creepy. I don't blame him for not wanting to look.

    My TT from Passport To Murder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds really intense! I hope this book is good!

    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gloominess of the cover as well as of the teaser!

    https://carabosseslibrary.wordpress.com/2017/11/08/teaser-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.