Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: The Bell at Sealey Head


This week my teaser lines come from Patricia McKillip's 2009 fantasy novel, The Bell at Sealey Head. This quote comes from pg.11:
"Among my eccentricities is the pursuit of things mysterious, otherworldly, magical. There is magic in this place. I want to find it."
I haven't actually started reading this one yet, so I'm not sure what's going on here, or who's pursuing the mysterious, otherworldly and magical. This time of year I usually like to read a little fantasy. Springtime just seems to be the perfect setting for that. And this book has been on my TBR list for quite a while now — so I'm thinking of pulling it out and finally reading it.

And how about you? Do you ever read fantasy? Interested in the mysterious, otherworldly and magical? Or do you prefer that your bookish adventures stay a little closer to the real world?




If you'd like to see more Teaser Tuesday offerings, or do some teasing yourself, just head on over to The Purple Booker and leave your link. And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, sounds like fun, and what a spectacular cover.

    My TT from Crossing In Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often read fantasy, but I love the cover and excerpt. And the author's name...I once had the surname of McKillip...(second husband, and two of my kids). LOL.

    Here's mine: “THE CUTAWAY”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantasy isn't my favourite genre but this does sound intriguing. Here's the link to my intro/teaser for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1wi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fantasy. I've never thought about it before, but you're right--spring time is a great time for fantasies!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.