Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Lovely In Her Bones


This week my teaser lines come from Lovely In Her Bones, a 1985 mystery novel by Sharyn McCrumb. This snippet is from Chapter Six of the Ballantine Books paperback edition (and trust me, it's definitely not a spoiler):
"Well, I reckon the sun musta got too hot fer 'em, poor old Alexander and Robert. They shriveled up and died, the both of 'em." (p.87)
Ouch. Not the easiest way to bow out, is it?

I'm not exactly sure what's going on there because it's a little further along than I've read. But I have a feeling things might not be what they seem. This is the first time I've read a book by Sharyn McCrumb, and so far I'm enjoying it a lot, but sort of wondering when the mystery is going to kick in.




Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.


8 comments:

  1. I haven't yet read this author, but I love a good mystery. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine, also a mystery: “DEATH AT BREAKFAST”

    ReplyDelete
  2. That title and that cover...very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a Sharyn McCrumb mystery lying around my house somewhere that I have yet to get to. I've heard great things about her books. I hope you like this one!

    I shared my teaser for Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visualize a pair of mummified corpses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read this author, but I do like the teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This one sounds like a really interesting thriller! I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things in mystery novels are normally NOT what they seem, am I right? If I've learned one thing in reading in that genre, it's that most of the time, things are not what they seem. This sounds interesting, great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. From the title and the cover, I'm guessing the deaths are more than just shrivelling up XP

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.