Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays: Hallowe'en Party

This week my teaser lines come from the book I finished (appropriately enough) last night -- Agatha Christie's Hallowe'en Party. It's another in her series of Hercule Poirot novels featuring Poirot's old friend, mystery writer Ariadne Oliver. In this excerpt, Mrs. Oliver is helping with the preparations for a children's Halloween party and overhears one of the older girls (Joyce) boasting about having witnessed a murder:
"...I didn't know it was a murder when I saw it. It wasn't really till a long time afterwards, I mean, that I began to know that it was a murder. Something that somebody said only about a month or two ago suddenly made me think: Of course, that was a murder I saw."
Not sure about page numbers here because I read this one on my iPad, but the quote comes toward the end of Chapter One (Location 148 of 3926).


Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

7 comments:

  1. I appreciate "seasonal" reading -- I always read a Christmas book around Christmas, and a baseball book at the start of baseball season.

    Mine for today is from Douglas COupland's novel The Gum Thief: http://eyesandearsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agatha Christie is always a good choice. Though I have not read this one, I have seen the movie version. My teaser: Alice in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Agatha Christie. Nice teaser.
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, have to read it. Didn't know Agatha Christie wrote a novel titled Halloween Party. Luv the Teaser too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Poroit! I just read this one last year. Very nice!

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect book..perfect teaser...perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, perfect timing.

    You know, I love Agatha Christie, but I don't think I've ever read this one.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.