Tuesday, March 07, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: The Blazing World


I think this is the first teaser I've posted this year. Where've I been? Anyway, this week my teaser lines come from The Blazing World, by Siri Hustvedt. This snippet comes early in the book, from pg.5 (or Location 118 of the Kindle edition):
Victor Hugo: "God became man, granted. The devil became a woman." 
I've never read Victor Hugo, but I've heard that quote before. And I still resent it.

This is one of those ARCs from a couple of years ago that managed to slip between the cracks in my reading that year. I feel very guilty about that, and really owe the publisher and author an apology. Especially since I'm enjoying the book so much now. Really wish I'd actually read it before now. Oh well....




If you'd like to see more Teaser Tuesday offerings, or do some teasing yourself, just head on over to The Purple Booker and leave your link. And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

8 comments:

  1. Umm... I'm not sure what I think of the teaser. So outdated and stereotypical.

    My teaser is from Inside the mind of a Bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. That quote made me want to kick something soft and squashy... I hope you're enjoying the book, though:). This is my TT this week - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/teaser-tuesday-7th-march-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that teaser. LOL
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the Victor Hugo quote! Now I am curious about what will follow...will I be angry all the way through? LOL.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, That has me thinking all kinds of stuff. LOL

    My TT from House Of Seven Days

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quote definitely makes me curious about this book... and not in a good way! Sounds like it's thought-provoking.
    My Tuesday post features A Thread of Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you ± I resent it! Here's my intro and teaser for this week from Ahab's Wife: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1v4

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm....resentful, indeed. Don't think it would make me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.