Sunday, January 22, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

This week I've been doing a lot of work on my other blog (joysweb), so I haven't really been getting a lot of reading done. So far, in January I've finished a couple of books that I had on my list for the month:

Faithful, by Alice Hoffman

The Ballad of Peckham Rye, by Muriel Spark

(Reviews to come later this week.)

And then I got sidetracked by a true crime book I found on sale at Amazon:


It definitely wasn't on any of my lists, but I'm enjoying it a lot. After I finish that one, I'll probably be starting The Fifth Petal, the new novel by Brunonia Barry:


I loved Barry's first novel, The Lace Reader, a few years ago, so I have high hopes for this one.




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.


4 comments:

  1. I used to devour true crime books. I don't read them the way I used to but I'm still a sucker for them for some odd reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Faithful...and the Muriel Spark looks tempting. It is one I haven't read. Enjoy your week and your reading, and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to the Brunonia Barry book as well but my TBR stack is growing faster than I can read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ENJOY your reading week.

    The Fifth Petal looks good.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.