Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: Far From True


This week my teaser lines come from the latest Linwood Barclay thriller, Far From True (NAL, March 2016). It's the second book in a planned trilogy about the fictional town of Promise Falls. This snippet comes from page 391, or Location 4175 of the Kindle edition:
She raised the bloodied bag of coins.
"Could I hit him one more time with this?"
I sighed.
"What the hell," I said. "Go ahead."
Ouch!

I had a little trouble getting into this one, but ended up loving it. Hope to get a review up later in the week. Can't wait for Promise Falls #3!



Teaser Tuesday is hosted by Jenn at Books and a Beat. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

6 comments:

  1. Talk about a penny for her thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely curious. I haven't read this author, but I've been noticing his books around. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “LIES & OTHER ACTS OF LOVE”


    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering who she wants to hit and why. Good teaser! My Teaser is from a mystery this week: Murder at the 42nd Street Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never thought of a bag of coins as a weapon! This sounds like a story I'd enjoy.
    My Tuesday post features STELLA BAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahahaha! I wonder what he did that both people are okay of him getting hit with the bag of coins!

    Vonnie's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay. Just go ahead and smack him again. LOL I'm always looking for a new author. Thanks for sharing:)

    Here's My TT

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.