Monday, January 25, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

So, Monday. And almost the end of January. How did that happen?

Most years, I get through at least half a dozen books in January. But for some reason, I'm having a hard time getting started this year. So far in 2016, I've finished two books:

by Nina de Gramont
(Algonquin Books, September 2015)

(A Mrs. Malory Mystery)
by Hazel Holt (2001)

I enjoyed both of them, and I've got reviews in the works, but they're not quite ready for posting yet. This week, definitely.

And right now, I've got two books started. One e-book:

by Charles Lambert
(Scribner, January 2016)

...and one paper:

by Laurie R. King
(Bantam, paperback edition, October 2015)

The Laurie King book is an Early Reviewer book from Library Thing that I've had since last October. (!!!???) Yes, I've really got some catching up to do!

But right now, I'm going to be catching up on what everybody else is reading.



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.


6 comments:

  1. Ah, two books may not be up to your usual reading pace but they both proved to be good reads, and that's more important, right?

    It's kind of crazy that the end of January is just round the corner - I was thinking about that just today actually.

    The Children's Home is a new to me book. Happy Reading!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ain't My America: The Long and Noble History of Antiwar Conservatism", Bill Kauffman

    He's fun to read, with an interesting vocabulary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Children's Home looks interesting. Will look out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking books! I have only finished 4 books this month so far, so don't feel bad!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/its-mondaywhat-are-you-reading7.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck catching up!

    Have a great reading week
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. It must be the month for not finishing books. :)

    I started four books and had to put them down. I finally read two terrific books. Whew!!

    I hope you have been having a good week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.