Saturday, January 03, 2015

Mystery Readers / Reporter's Challenge 2015



Hosted by: Ellie Oberth (see her Dead Herring blog)
Dates: January 1 - December 31, 2015
Sign ups: GoodReads group - The Challenge Factory

Levels:
  • Cub reporter: 5 books (1 from each category)
  • Columnist: 10 books (2 from each category)
  • News Anchor: 15 books (3 from each category)
  • Editor: 20 books (4 from each category)
  • Newspaper Mogul: 25 books

I'm signing up at the Cub Reporter level, so I'll be reading one book from each of the five categories (Who? What? Where? When? How? Why?):


LIST OF CATEGORIES 
WHO
  1. Protagonist is a librarian 
  2. Protagonist is a government agent 
  3. Protagonist is a ghost 
  4. Protagonist works with animals (vet, dog walker, zoo, etc) 
  5. Protagonist is a crook 
WHAT
  1. Holiday in the title 
  2. Animal in the title 
  3. Weather in the title 
  4. Poison in the title 
  5. Title starts with the same letter as your last name 
WHERE
  1. Set in England 
  2. NOT set on land (cruise ship, boat, airplane, spaceship, etc) 
  3. Set on an Island 
  4. Set on foreign soil (not America or England) 
  5. Historical novel 
WHEN
  1. One book set during any holiday 
  2. One that centers around a convention or conference 
  3. One Dark & Stormy night – bad weather plays big role in story 
  4. One where the protagonist has to beat the clock (time is crucial to solving mystery) One set during a vacation 
HOW (Method of Murder)
  1. Poison is murder weapon 
  2. Knife/stabbing is murder weapon 
  3. Gun/shooting is murder weapon 
  4. Blunt object is murder weapon 
  5. Rope/strangulation is murder weapon 


1 comment:

  1. I hope my comment worked in your other post. Captchas are unkind to non-Blogger users; sometimes taking 1/2 hour to go through. This theme looks neat if it's blog-based, not solely at Goodreads. I would love to have you at any of mine. "Ethereal", "Gentle Spectrums", "My Kind Of Mystery". Sincerely,Carolyn. https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/riedel-challenges-2015/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.