Monday, January 12, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

● Last week, I finished a couple of books:


Last Man Standing, by Roger Moore
(previously titled One Lucky Bastard)


The Red House Mystery, by A.A. Milne

Hope to get a couple of short reviews up later today, or tomorrow.

● This week, I'm finishing up:


Against the Fall of Night, by Arthur C. Clarke

● After that, I'm not sure what I'll be reading. Got a dental appointment later in the week that could affect my reading time (if pain meds are involved). So we shall see what develops.


8 comments:

  1. The A.A. Milne mystery looks good -- I think I will look into that one once I finish my latest Aunt Dimity title -- I think I read faster on the e-reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read much faster on my Kindle or iPad -- I never would have believed that a couple of years ago.

      The Red House Mystery was OK. Not great. I remember my mother read it and said it was boring. I guess Mom always knows best.

      Delete
  2. Is that Roger Moore of James Bond fame?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The very same -- now Sir Roger, of course. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I'm guessing The Red House Mystery is an adult book? I had no idea Milne wrote anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's for adults and it was his only mystery novel. I'm not sure, but possibly his only novel for grown-ups. His Pooh books are much more entertaining!

      Delete
  4. Is that the same A. A. Milne who wrote Winnie the Pooh? Sounds like an interesting mystery. I read the Clarke book years ago and wonder how it is holding up. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the same man. The Red House Mystery is interesting, but I'm not sure I'd really recommend it -- it's pretty slow going at times, and very dated. The Clarke book, on the other hand, seems to have held up really pretty well. Happy reading to you too!

      Delete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.