Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: The Weight of Blood


This week my teaser lines come from The Weight of Blood by Laura McHugh. Once again, I'm not sure about page numbers since I read this one on the Kindle, but it's from Location 1413 in Chapter 10. (Also, it's from an ARC of the novel, and I haven't been able to check it against the published edition, so please remember the final version could be slightly different.)
"They been saying you put some kinda spell on him to get him wrapped around your finger. You know, like a witch."
I'll be posting a review soon, so I don't want to say much more about the book now.  I'll just say it's not a book about witches or the supernatural. But it does involve some really evil "normal" folks.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

7 comments:

  1. Now you have piqued my curiosity! Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “FALLING INTO PLACE”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told I will love this book so I'm eager to read your review. I'm glad it's about evil people rather than those of the supernatural persuasion.
    Here is my TT http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/08/19/teaser-tuesday-august-19/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing teaser, I had not heard of this one. Mine: No Graves As Yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title has definitely piqued my curiosity, and so has your Teaser.
    My Teaser is from KATIE & THE IRISH TEXAN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. What you said after the quote intrigued me more than the quote did. The Weight of Blood seems to be well liked. I hope you are enjoying it as well.

    Here's my teaser: The Mockingbird Next Door.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.