Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: Coup de Grâce


This week my teaser lines come from Marguerite Yourcenar's short novel Coup de Grâce, first published in 1939.  In this snippet, the book's narrator and central character Erik von Lhomond is remembering his relationship with the sister of his best friend.
Between Sophie and me an intimacy swiftly sprang up like that between victim and executioner. The cruelty was not of my making; only the circumstances were to blame.... (p.33)

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/teaser-tuesdays-jan-7/

Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

10 comments:

  1. This is intriguing. Here's mine
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2014/01/teasertuesday-taming-johnny-by.html

    Happy Tuesday,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is very mysterious! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser.

    Happy reading :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that really is intriguing.

    I'm playing today (w/ a giveaway) here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting teaser. This week my teasers are from Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill and Grave Dance by Kalayna Price. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love the sound of that one...and that is an amazing cover. Here's MY TUESDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have never heard of this one, sounds intriguing! My teaser: The Hound of the Baskervilles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting, good teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2014/01/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my..."between victim and executioner" sounds a bit frightening for intimacy.

    THANKS for a great teaser.

    I don't have a teaser, but stop by my blog if you like for a giveaway of Jubilee's Journey. The book is wonderful.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    Giveaway of Jubilee’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very intriguing and slightly scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice teaser. Here's my teaser: http://www.tfwalsh.com/writing/teaser-tuesday-marionette/

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.