Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Dear Blog: Happy Birthday!

On January 1st, way back in 2006, I made my very first entry on this blog.  Back then, it was called Joy's Blog -- creative, right?  It was pretty brief, just your basic "Hello, World" post.

At that point, I wasn't really committed to blogging -- didn't even completely understand exactly what a blog was.  I said I'd use it to "make my private rantings official."  And I did a little of that at first. 

After that first hello, it took me almost a whole year to post another entry (see: Gall Stones, Gidget, and Other Matters).  Very soon after that, though, I discovered "book blogging," and the rest is...well, maybe not history, exactly.  Mostly babbling, I'm afraid.  But it's been fun.  And it's definitely got me back into reading after years of hardly opening a book.

So, eight years later, the blog goes on.  For now.

Here comes another year.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on six years! I'm heading towards my fourth full year of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 6 Years! And I remember"Joys Blog"! So glad you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary! You're still Joy's Blog in my reader. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I am not sure when I started, will have to check, and there was the bouncing around between Blogger and Wordpress. Hmm. Anyway, have a great day -- love reading your blogs every day and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, eight years! Congrats...and I remember when it was "Joy's Blog." My first blog came in 2008, and I didn't do much that first year. And then I started creating new blogs, almost as if they "just grew."

    I didn't discover the book blogging community until around 2009. It's been fun, hasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blogoversary, that's awesome. Glad you are still enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the visits and the kind words, everyone! This is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit tardy to the party, Joy but I wanted to say Happy Blogoversary!! Though my visits have been sporatic, I've always enjoyed your blog. I go through ups and downs with my blog and reading but in 2014 I've decided to scale back on scheduled reviews and simply read what I want to read. I also cleaned up my Blog Roll to include blogs that I have followed for quite some time, and yes, yours is included in that list. I wish you a happy new year and an enjoyable year in books!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.