Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: Heroic Measures


This week my teaser lines come from Jill Ciment's lovely little novel, Heroic Measures.  I bought the book when it was published back in 2009, but it's taken me all these years to get around to reading it. What a mistake - it's a brilliant read.  In this snippet, one of the main characters is waking up on what might turn out to be a life-changing morning:
For Ruth, the spectacle of sunrise is less inspiring than comforting. The rise of the sun is like the opening of a novel she's read so many times that she can take pleasure in the details and nuances without having to race to the end to find out what happens. (p.57)

Well, with this book, even though it's not a re-read, I'm going through very slowly and savoring each line. It's that good.



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by mizB at Should Be Reading. If you'd like to read more teasers, or take part yourself, just head on over to her blog.

And please feel free to leave me a link to your Teaser Tuesday post in your comment here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, sounds like a great read to savor. I will have to put it on my Good Reads list. thanks for sharing.

    Here is my link:

    http://maryanderingamongthepages.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-tuesday-teaser-keeping-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying your book! My teaser: A Timely Vision

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never thought of a sunrise that way before, but I can understand it now.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.