Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Reading Update

"Reading on the Terrace" by Paul Gustave Fischer
(Danish, 1860-1934)

I haven't been posting Monday updates for the last few weeks.  Actually, I haven't been doing any blog posts at all for a while now, mainly because I haven't been getting much reading done.  This summer has been a really bad one for allergies around here (at least it's been a bitch for MY allergies), and I've been filling myself full of antihistamines and decongestants, which of course means LOTS of napping, and not much reading or anything else.  Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I really wish it would RAIN and wash some of this pollen or mold or whatever it is OUTTA HERE!

So, anyway.  That's my excuse for not being around lately.  But last week, I did manage to finish a couple of books:


The Book of Secrets, by Elizabeth Joy Arnold.  Took me a while to get through this one, but not because it wasn't a good read.  I actually liked parts of it quite a bit.  Hope to have a review up this week.


Bunnicula, by Deborah and James Howe.  One of the classic children's books I planned to read this year.  And now I'm wondering why it took me so long to get to this great little book.

And this week I'm reading:


Time Will Tell, by Donald Greig.  An Early Reviewer book from Library Thing, so I need to get it finished asap.

Also reading:


The Asylum, by John Harwood.  A little something for the RIP/VIII reading event/challenge.

And that's it.  Good to be back, at least for the moment.  Happy reading, everyone!



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. If you want to let the world know what books you're going to be reading this week, head on over to her blog and leave your link. It's also a great way to discover new books and new blogs.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, allergies like that are the worst! I hope things get beter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time Will Tell looks good...and I empathize about the allergies. If I keep my windows open in the morning when it's still cool, I suffer with my allergies the rest of the day.

    Rain does seem to take care of it.

    Enjoy your week...and here's MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice week...I like your books...ENJOY the rest of the week.

    Love your photo at the top of your post too. I hear ya about allergies. Headache EVERY day.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thanks for leaving me a comment. I love to hear from visitors.

Also, please note that while I appreciate the thought, I don't play the blog awards game. I think you all deserve awards! But you might think about becoming a follower of my blog -- that would really be the best award.